Southlands Christian Schools provide an excellent international student program that allows students from different parts of the world to experience the best of the American education. We are excited about the new journey that you will be embarking on, and we would like to guide you through every step of the way so you can get the education that you want.
Application Deadlines for Spring 2020
Elementary School & Middle School: Rolling enrollment, depends on space availability
High School: December 16th, 2019
To learn more about our international student program, please click here to see our brochure.
7th – 10th Grade Applicants
- Evidence of English proficiency preferred.
9th – 12th Grade Applicants
- International Student Admissions Assessment (ISAA) interview via Skype required.
11th and 12th Grade Applicants
- TOEFL/iTEP score required.
- Must be a transfer student from another US high school or a student currently attending an international school overseas.
All new middle school and high school students are required to take English and math placement tests before school starts. If needed, a comprehensive ESL (English as a Second Language) program is available to all the international students who do not meet our English proficiency requirements. The ESL fees are included in the international student tuition.
Students must scan and upload their official transcripts to the international student application. The official transcripts must have a signature/stamp from the foreign school and must be professionally translated into English.
TK – 8th Grade Applicants
- Official transcript of the most recent academic year.
9th Grade Applicants
- Most recent official transcripts including 7th and 8th grade transcripts.
10th – 12th Grade Applicants
- All the most recent official transcripts starting from 9th grade.
Step I — Online Application
- To start an international student application, please click here (payment of application fee is the final step of the application).
- For a sample application, please click here.
- For an overview of tuition and fees, please see the Tuition & Fees section.
Step II — Registration (After Acceptance)
- Provide a Certificate of Deposit (must show enough funds to cover tuition and living expenses).
- We will issue the student’s I-20 Form by:
- Mailing it out after the student has paid the registration fee, shipping fee, and provide us with his/her home country address; OR
- Handing it directly to the student’s parent or legal guardian after he/she pays the registration fee and presents his/her own ID (driver’s license or passport).
Tuition & Fees Overview for Spring 2020
(all fees including tuition are non-refundable)
|Tuition & Fees||Amount||Note|
|Application Fee||$150 for TK-6th Grade|
$250 for 7-12th Grade
|The application payment page will appear at the end of the international student application; applications will not be reviewed until the application fee is paid.|
|Registration Fee||$650||A PayPal link will be sent to the primary email provided on the student’s application after the student has been accepted by our school. Once the registration fee is paid, the school will create an I-20 Form for the student.|
|I-20 Shipping Fee|
|$100||If needed, the school will mail the I-20 Form to the foreign address provided by the student.|
Only the student’s parent/legal guardian can pick up the student’s I-20 Form if they present their ID (driver’s license or passport)
|Tuition||Tuition amounts vary by grade level; please click here for a listing of all tuition.||Due latest three weeks prior to the first day of school. For new international students, we only accept cash, cashier’s check, and wire transfer.|
|$900 for TK-11th Grade|
$775 for 12th Grade
1. What does the tuition cover? What are the additional fees besides admissions fees and tuition?
The tuition covers the ELL/ESL program, AP classes (high school), PSAT/ACT Aspire/ACT (high school), and a student retreat. For middle school students, the tuition also covers the textbook and Chromebook fees. The fees for lunch, uniform, high school textbook and some major field trips are not included in the tuition.
2. Will the school provide any assistance as the student goes through the F-1 Visa application process?
Throughout the application process, you will be working with one of our international admissions advisors closely every step of the way. However, the student and the family is responsible for paying the I-901 SEVIS fee and for submitting the DS-160 form.
3. Does Southlands require TOEFL score?
Yes, TOEFL score is required for 11th and 12th grade applicants; please order the official TOEFL score from ETS and send it to our school. For students applying to other grade levels, TOEFL score is preferred but not required. The submission of TOEFL score will allow our principal and academic counselors to give better academic advice to the family earlier on during the admissions process. For middle school or high school students without a TOEFL score, they are required to take an iTEP exam the week before school starts. If a student scores low on the iTEP exam, he/she will be placed in one of our ESL program levels.
4. How does Southlands select its homestay families to ensure the safety of the students?
Our homestay director interviews every homestay host applicant and inspects every house to make sure that the living condition is safe, clean, and comfortable. In addition, every homestay host is required to do a detailed background check. Lastly, all homestay families must provide us with a letter of recommendation from a pastor. Currently, some of our school’s own staff and teachers also serve as the homestay host for our students.
5. Is there a cafeteria on campus?
Yes! We have an indoor cafeteria where our students can purchase breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
6. Beside academic, what other extracurricular activities does the school provide?
Our school provides many opportunities in sports, arts, music, and leadership development. Students can partake in events, competitions, and student groups of their interest.
For more information, please contact our International Admissions Department at 909-598-9733, Ext. 30.
OUR GRADUATES ATTEND